Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What's good for the goose...

Let's play make believe.

Make believe that hated basketball coach Bobby Knight was on a radio station, telling his story of how he went from nothing to something.

Bobby has a friend with a radio show, so they sit and chat about his "rags-to-riches" story.

Bobby says, "I just couldn't wait for the day that I would be in charge. I was tired of wiping up the sweat of all the black players as I sat on the bench. I couldn't wait for the day when I could be the head coach and start a team of all white boys."

Bobby's radio friend laughs. They revel at how they've turned the tables.

Now back to reality.

Do you think this kind of racism isn't happening today? See if you can fathom what Oprah Winfrey talked about on her radio program Monday, September 25th, 2006.

By the way, credit should be given to Rick and Bubba for the above analogy.

White racism is as bad as Black racism is as bad as Hispanic racism is as bad as Asian racism is as bad as.....

Racism is racism, no matter what direction it flows from. It's amazing that Queen Oprah can get away with it because of who she is.

1 comment:

Phenominal said...

RICK! Awesome to see that you got a blog my friend! Leg is slowly getting better! You be careful out there bra!