Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

So what's new?

actually, not a whole lot. things are trucking along for us. brooke is still doing well in school. her study load is really high right now, but she's doing great. i'm so proud of her.

my work is good. i had a conference at the Wynfrey Hotel in B'ham this past weekend. it was good to see some old friends from optometry school.

i'm somewhat sick right now. i've got that crud that alot of folks have right now: sore, scratchy throat....dry cough....congested nose....yada yada yada. i was off today, so i've tried to get well before i have to go back to work tomorrow.

we had our Gospel Meeting this week at church. James Watkins spoke, and he did an amazing job. like i told him, of all the Gospel Meetings we've had in the 7+ years i've been at Shades Mountain, he's been my favorite. if you ever get a chance to hear him speak, take the opportunity. you'll be enriched by it.

hope i get a chance to blog soon about Bama heading into the SEC Championship game undefeated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel badly, Rick. Hope you can get over this quickly. If your throat is still sore, gargle with really warm water mixed with a good dose of salt. Dr. G'mama recommends that and it always helps me. Use it every 30 min or so. Let me know how you are doing. Nothing (except a throwing up virus, Kristi would say!) is worse than a sore throat!!!

Anonymous said...

G'mama would chase you down with a pencil with cotton wrapped around the end that was saturated with "Sloan's Linament" and "mop" your throat with that awful tasting stuff. Then show you the bottle that has a skull and crossbones on it to indicate that it is toxic if ingested by humans! Ha,ha,ha,ha! Hope you feel better. Laughter is the best medicine, right? I got an email about a marriage retreat in Pigeon Forge, in February, that is free of charge and guess who is speaking? James Watkins!! I kid you not. I want to go so bad!!Love, Aunt Laura

Jody said...

Rick, it was great to see you and Brooke this past week. We always enjoy visiting Shades Mountain and your Gospel Meeting was no exception. I agree, James Watkins was very good. I really enjoyed hearing him.

Love the house (especially the carpet!!)

Jody

Trudy Ingram said...

I am sure James Watkins was awesome,.. but I've never heard him speak in person before. I have to say though, one of my favorite meetings we've ever had was when Mel Futrell (his sister Kristi and her family worships with us)spoke. He's definitely on my "favorite" list.