Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 25, 2008

My favorite current TV show....

i feel compelled to encourage my ABC network fans to do whatever it takes to try out "The Office" on thursday nights on NBC.  i know that "Lost" is a big hit, along with "Grey's Anatomy", but let's face it: those are just soap operas that run at night.  i realized that about "ER" a while back, and it's never been the same since.  

so to my friends, family, and colleagues across the aisle, i implore you to check out some episodes of "The Office" on NBC's website.  once you've gotten the lay of the land, visit www.theofficequotes.com for some zingers of episodes gone by.  you can select any episode from any season, and even vote on your favorite.

here are some of my favorites:

Dwight Schrute - "The eyes, are the groin of the head."

Andy - "They say you should never mix business with pleasure.  Really.  Then explain to me how a putt-putt golf company operates."

Michael Scott - "Business is like a jungle.  And I am like a tiger.  And Dwight is like a monkey that stabs the tiger in the back with a stick.  Does the tiger fire the monkey?  Does the tiger transfer the monkey to another branch?  Pun.  There is no way of knowing what goes on inside a tiger's head.  We don't have the technology."

6 comments:

Teale said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging! We switched to Costco and miss running into you... I know, we are traiters. :)

Leslie said...

Hey Rick! We love to watch The Office too.

Chad said...

So many have told us we need to watch this. We have watched a couple of episodes and died laughing both times. We have netflix so it may be a good idea to get the seasons off of netflix and watch them.

CL said...

Hey Rick! Glad your updating your blog now! My favorite quote from last weeks episode..

Pam: "There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "What if you die Dwight, how will we get into the office?" He said, "If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."

~Carol Leah

Kelly said...

Wow. I just decided to check and you're back. Yay!

angie said...

I must say The Office is one of our favs, although we are a little behind this season. Luckily we have our trusty Time Warner DVR & we record it regularly.